- Attend meetings in accordance with our attendance policy (see below)
- Bring guests and make introductions for business opportunities
- Treat members with respect
- Provide quality products and services
Prospective members to our Business Development Teams must complete a membership application and be approved by the current members of the Team. The application process is as follows:
- Visitors may attend three meetings.
- If you want to become part of a Team, the next step is to submit your application along with your payment.
- Once you have submitted your application and payment, the interview process begins. However, during this process, you should return to the weekly meetings.
- Processing a new member application can take up to 8 weeks. (which is intentional)
- There will be 2 interviews. The first will be conducted by someone in our corporate office; the second will be completed by 2-3 members of your Team. During the interview process, you are encouraged to contact other members in your sphere to discuss your business and make sure there is synergy between you.
- Once the interviews are completed, the Team will vote on acceptance of your application. You will be notified when this vote is taking place and will be asked not to attend the meeting.
- During the interview process, you can withdraw your application at any time with a full refund. However, once the vote has taken place and you are accepted to the Team, there are no refunds. If you are not accepted to the Team, a full refund will be provided. If you are not accepted to the team you applied, we will try and place you on another Team.
Upon your acceptance to Select Business Team, LLC, fees are non-refundable, without exception.
You are expected to attend all meetings, however, we understand that life happens and you can’t always make it. The official attendance policy is:
You are allowed 8 absences within the 12 month calendar period.
- If you miss a meeting and send someone in your place, it only counts as half an absence (if you send someone in your place each time you miss a meeting, you could have 16 absences).
If you miss more than 8 meetings we have implemented a few options for you to ‘save’ your seat on the Team:
- Bring Guests – each time you bring 3 guests you earn back one attendance. You can earn back up to 2 absences this way.
- Attend Make Up Meetings – Throughout the year each Team has a few make-up meetings that allow you to earn back one of your absences.
For our teams that meet twice monthly, the attendance requirement is 4 absences in a 12 month calendar period.
Check out the list of locations where our Teams currently meet.
If there is not a Team near you or if you are unable to join a Team because your professional classification is already taken (which is usually the case for realtors and financial advisors), consider starting your own Team. We will work with you, help you find members when we can and provide you with ongoing support to run a successful Business Team.